Originally “White’s Hotel”, the main Lodge was built in the 1950’s by Mi’kmaq entrepreneur Stan White. Mr. White cut and hauled, from the forest, every log used to construct White’s Hotel/Dreamcatcher Lodge. Starting as a boarding style lodge with 13 bedrooms and three bathrooms.
In 2003, the establishment was purchased by another Mi’kmaq entrepreneur, Francis Bennett and Dr. Wayne Goudie.
Following another extensive renovation, the Dreamcatcher Lodge opened for business on Valentine’s Day, 2004.
The Newfoundland & Labrador culture is inclusive and welcoming, and the staff at Dreamcatcher Lodge embodies that feeling completely. And while all 13 employees are not related, there is a sense of family that is felt by all guests.